As well as the private facilities provided with each tent, everyone enjoying our luxury camping also has:
- use of our wonderful woven willow showers, washing and (flushing) toilet facilities. (The yurts, tipi and shepherd's hut each have their own private facilities, including individual showers.)
- use of the 'Out of Africa' field kitchen. This has gas rings, an oven, hot water and a washing-up sink, a hand-washing sink, cold mains-fed drinking water, cutlery, crockery, tea cups and glasses and cooking utensils and recycling, compost and landfill dustbins.
- use of our 'sauna-in-a-yurt'.
- use of a wood fired pizza oven - you can't beat a freshly made pizza! (Split/dry firewood can be purchased on site for firing the oven.)
- use of a freezer for cold packs, and shared use of the field kitchen refrigerators.
- use of a central communal yurt, which has sofas, a fire and a range of games, a library of green woodworking and craft books, along with local information (and our shop).
As well as the shared facilities:
- we supply biodegradable washing up liquid, soap, shampoo and conditioner. If you would prefer to use your own please make sure that it is biodegradable.
- campers can help themselves to complimentary Dorset Cereals - the perfect start to a day in the woods (please bring your own milk).
- there is also a supply of free complimentary Dorset Teas, infusions and coffee.
- there is a strong and fast 4G signal but our advice is leave well alone and have a proper escape from the world outside!
All you really need to bring are clothes, a toothbrush, some milk and your toiletries. Don't forget your directions, your site map and the name of the accommodation you've booked, so you can find your new home in the woods!
If you are arriving late a torch is a good idea (although the paths from the car park to each tent are lit by sensor activated LEDs), and also some food for the first night. For all your other meals, there are some really excellent food producers and shops nearby - full information about them all is available in the communal yurt, along with local restaurants and pubs.
Things For Sale
There is a village shop in Thorncombe and Spar about 10 minutes away; further afield, Chard, Lyme Regis and Axminster are just five-eight miles away and Bridport is about 16 - all have restaurants, local producers' shops and the usual supermarkets just in case. The River Cottage Canteen and produce store in Axminster is a particular favourite with guests.
We are able to take credit/debit card payment in the woods as well as cash and we have various things for sale on site. The stock is regularly changing - please view the current details here:
Fresh air, peace, a slow pace and wonderfully clear, light-pollution-free night skies.